HydroCity: key to flood-resilient cities
Floods caused by excessive rainfall have disastrous effects on many cities around the world. Flooding-induced disasters are becoming increasingly frequent and range from local, water-related inconvenience to flood-induced disruption of society and devastation. HydroCity is a platform where several knowledge institutes and Dutch private and public organisations in the water and earth-observation sectors have joined forces to help cities improve their flood resilience.
Data acquisition and storage
- Accurate actual and historical hydrological information on precipitation, infiltration, interception, evaporation, surface flow and storage, sewer inflow and storage, and soil moisture;
- Accurate and up-to-date geographical information on the city surface;
- Online access to data from sources such as telemetry, remote sensing (satellites, radar and aircraft) and the general public.
Data analysis and modelling
- Data from various sources converted into user-friendly maps and graphs;
- Access to advanced online modelling tools using real-time data such as catchment-specific storm-water runoff models.
- A wide range of smart operational and strategic applications, including flood-forecasting systems, automatic flood alerts, drought-forecasting systems and heavy-rain forecasting tools;
- Insight into the effectiveness of measures such as local detention ponds, local storage tanks and green roofs.
Find out what the HydroCity web portal can mean for your city!
HydroLogic BV and NEO BV
T: +31 33 4753535